Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Ripe Old 26

Well, it's officially official. I cannot deny that i am 26 as of yesterday. *smile*
If you ask me how i feel about turning 26 i would say 26 is 26. It's just another number to me. I've passed all the age limits that have set by pubs and clubs for ladies. I've way passed the legal drinking, smoking and driving age (even if i don't know how to drive). So yeah, it's just another number to.

What's more important is by the time i hit 27 where will i be in my life. At what stage of my life will i be at? Would i have reached some of my goals by then? That's more important.
And i should stop before i sound too much like a potential old fart in the making. *teehee*

Had a rather quiet birthday yesterday. Apart from the mad rush of work and trying to help my mom with her essay that is due this afternoon. I think i had a decent day. :) Darcy called during lunch time after much whining from me although he had already planned to call way ahead of time. I was just "*teh-ing". *heehee* A couple of sms'es from my gfs. A pressie from my colleague, an ang pow from another.

And to end off the day, a huge kickass dinner buffet, complete with roast beef, baked potato, salmon sashimi and a huge sinful dessert platter @ Marriot hotel. *beams* Oh oh oh of course a slice of their Raspberry Earl Tea cake complete with candle all for me. :P

So that was my birthday yesterday. Quiet. Simple. But overall, NICE.

No photos but will have some when i go out with my gfs for drinks on Saturday nite. So if you see a bunch of 6-7 girls all dressed up and having a rowdy good time... that just might be us. :P *heehee*
_____________________________________________________________

*TEH (dt'air)
A Hokkien term used to describe gooey, childlike and coquettish behaviour by women esigned to elicit sympathy or pampering by men.
"Whenever Ah Lian wants Ah Beng to do something for her, she becomes si beh t'eh."

No comments: