Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Magical World of Gigi

Magical Princess Gigi



A light-hearted fantasy about the Princess from Fairyland, who comes to Earth in the form of a 12-year-old mortal, but still with the powers of a fairy princess, to do good deeds. This 1982 Japanese-produced classic magical girl (shoujo) anime was originally named Magic Princess Minky Momo, and was released in some countries as the Magical World of Gigi. It was originally a movie, but was split up into 5 episodes to be aired as a miniseries.


*screams* This cartoon really exist and is not a figment of my imagination!!!! *grin*

*grin* It's just that everytime i mention this cartoon or when a group of us will be reminiscing about cartoons shown in the 80s, no one seems to have caught this particular cartoon. Now that i have proof that this really existed i guess i am going to pride myself that i have watched a cartoon that not many have caught on tv and i really liked it. :P

A list of some other cartoons that i have watched when i was a kid :

Voltron : Defender of the Universe, Transformers, Centurions, Gummy Bears, Wuzzles, SheRa, HeMan, Thundercats, Care Bears, My Little Pony & Friends, Duck Tales, Dungeons & Dragon, Snorkles, Rainbow Brite, BraveStarr, Dino Riders, etc.


They have the new digital Transformers series but ... somehow it didn't appeal to me. The originals are still the best! :P

So what about you guys out there? Which 80s cartoons have you caught and really liked?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i searched for "minky momo" + singapore & found your blog. I loved that cartoon too (it was called "tian2 tian2 xian1 zi3" when shown in Singapore) so much that i am now trying to get hold the the original 1982 full series on dvd or vcd. If you know where or how i can get it, please email me @ tin797@yahoo.com.sg

Anonymous said...

i searched for this cartoon for the same reason as yours.. to prove that its not jz my creative imagination.

i thought about this cartoon so much over the years, a figment of my imagination still remember the song.. "oh gigi.. oh gigi" & how she waved her wand and change into different and beautiful forms.

im so glad that u share the same passion as i do.. cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, Oh my god!!!! I finally proved that this caroon existed too! This cartoon really is my favourite, but I can't remember the name of this cartoon! And none of my frens know what I'm talking about. They muz have thought I'm illusioning! Keke...I love the way she transforms! And I always secretly blushed when there's a split second of "naked" scene when she transformed (altho can't see anything), you know how kids our time were!

Unknown said...

hi
i have the same problem, people don't remeber this cartoon, i never missed this, i loved it, but when i tell friends about it they say that they never heard of it.

Nick (nick1968diver@gmail.com)

fujiiwu said...

I bow in your honour!its good 2find other dwellers in my world-i will post pic in my album next 2 wonder woman,sub-zero,and sailormoon!.can you add me 2ur contacts/website and email any info on how I can obtain GiGi's dvds it's fujiibim@yahoo.com.
Please keep up the good works.