Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Double Standards

Close to two weeks after i am back from my eventful CNY week in Malaysia and i have yet to unpack. Been living out from my sony walkman duffel bag till finally yesterday i decided i should just switch on my tv and clean up my dog house of a room.
So i switched on the tv and proceeded to putter around the room trying to get more than just a walking path space leading from the computer to my bed and another one to the door. *grin* That is how messie i can get.
Anyway, i wasn't paying too much attention to the tv cos i just wanted some room noise while i do my cleaning. Then a tv short theme started playing and i found myself looking at the screen and seeing none other than "The Bachelor" being shown on tv. And horror of all horror, i caught myself watching it for a good 20mins before shaking my head and feeling somewhat... disgusted. Still cannot understand why someone, esp. a woman, would want to put themselves in that kind of situation. I'm sure the bachelor said "25 women i can make out with and won't get bashed up by them. Hell yeah!" and gladly jumped into it. So ladies, you know he going to be kissing at least 16 other girls including you, why set yourself up to be scrutinised and potentially get yourself hurt.
Though, on the other hand i would fully support having The Bachelorette being shown on tv. Only because i am one who, and i say this in all honesty, practices double standards and i am guilty of it through and through. Yet, i don't think i am sorry about it or that i feel bad about it.
My friend, Lyddie, told me that i have issues that i need to look into and have them sorted out. Maybe i will, maybe i won't. Right now i am pretty happie with the way i feel about certain topics and issues. So why change something that makes me happie.

No comments: