Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Excuse me... take two!

"Ring Ring"

Me : "Morning, [company's name]!"

Office Manager (OM) : "Ee, are you busy with anything at the moment?"

Me : "Nope."

OM : "Great, can you run an errand for me at the post office?"

So, off i went walking to the post office to run the errand and taking this opportunity to sms my gf openly (have been told the OM doesn't like us smsing in the office).

Booming male voice "Excuse me..."

My fingers stopped doing their daily aerobics routine on the phone keypad and i turned around to see this smartly dressed middle-aged Indian man walking up to me.

[MIND : "Oh god, no! Don't tell me you're going to try and sell me something. Why do i always get them coming up to me? Why can't they just leave me alone..."]

Man : "Can we have lunch sometime? I've seen you around."

[MIND : "Oh my god! You crazy man! No! Hell no! ... Right, calm down, smile and politely decline.."]

Me : "No thank you. Appreciate the offer."

Man : [Pulling out his wallet] Can i call you sometime?

Me : [Walking away now] No that's ok. You have a nice day.

[MIND : "Brain to Feet ... Don't run, i repeat don't run. Just walk away... FAST!"]

I think strawberry_lush might agree with me on this one. Working around here has definitely been an interesting experience. First, i get cornered by people selling me slimming products, next i get people asking me out for lunch! Complete strangers too!

Though, why did my bf and my guy friend, K responded in almost a similar manner???

Darcy : "and why didnt you go out to lunch with the guy*G* was he really creepy and ugly? I mean, come on...free lunch*G* make it in a public place, give him a false name and a fake number*G* that way you get lunch and save your money for Canada*G* best of both worlds...but, then you just have to walk a different way to work for the rest of the year and avoid the guy if he is a freak...but, hey, free lunch*G*"


K : "Smartly dressed... probably is rich, owns a car, owns a house... and you don't want. (Here, i protested he was old enough to be my dad) Ok, but don't complain no guys here want to date you."

Girls, you would have done the same thing i did right? I mean guy smartly dressed in his late 20s, fine. I wouldn't mind getting a number. But a middle-aged man?????

I still don't know if i should be insulted or flattered!

No comments: