Thursday, April 07, 2005

Class. Today lets talk about Weddings.

A colleague of mine used the say this everytime she received a wedding invite that she "kena saman" again. Of course, she said this jokingly. I hope.

When i mentioned to my girlfriends about receiving such invites, one of them would say, in all seriousness, that she would RSVP and attend the wedding for fear that they would not attend her daughter's wedding in the very far future. After all, Sophie has only just turned one in January. When my girlfriend said this i think i had the incredulous look on my face. :P

I bumped into a secondary classmate yesterday, she proudly showed me her rather decent-sized diamond ring. When i mentioned this to my mom, she laughed and said that i am at the phase in my life when my friends and acquaintances start to settle down.

To which i lament that not only was i not financially, emotionally and psychologically ready. I have yet to travel to exotic locations and 'havoc' yet. Also, not to mention my career has currently halted into a stop.

I am sure my boyfriend is going to ecstatically happy to read this, in fact he's probably going "Hallelujah! Phew! What a relief!" right about now.

If things in my life went according to how i planned it as i was growing up i would have been married for a year now and planning to have my first child next year. But right now all i can think of is get myself to Canada, get a job, have a stable and long-term relationship with my current bea, save up enough money and put a down payment on my very first landed property.

Of course, being a woman i am entitled to be fickle-minded so who knows singing a different tune four years later. *grin*

________________________________________________________________

SAMAN
The Malay word for "summons". Singaporeans use it as a verb, meaning "to be fined".
"You better not litter, udderwise sure kena saman one!"

HAVOC
Used to describe a wild child.
"Ah Lien is damn havoc one."

No comments: