Saturday, April 30, 2005

Welcome to Singapore, Mr. Darcy

Well, it's about time i blog. I think i break Darcy's trip here into various parts as there is just too much to say and tell.

Awaiting the arrival ...
I checked into Hotel 81 Bencoolen early at around 6.45pm and was silly enough to expect that the front desk, seeing this lady struggling with two luggage and a big sport bag climbing up the steps, would come forward and open the door for me. *lol* In what Darcy calls as "rubber sheets" hotel, i should have know better than to expect such services from them. *L* Only reason i put Darcy up in such a hotel for his first night in Singapore was because i didn't want to pay the full fee of 120+++ for a more decent hotel (in a sense) when i can pay 80 bucks nett just to have a clean bed and bathroom to use for the next 12 hours.

Although i had to be thick-skinned and ask the guy who was doing my check-in if they had a trolley to spare so i can bring all my things up to the room on the top floor of the hotel. Thankfully, the guy offered to help me carry my stuff up to the room with me.

I've always heard stories about room mates being too loud while getting it on from my gfs who have stayed in rez. I swear i heard the same sounds they were talking about as i was walking down the hallway to my room and to me this was just tooo amusing. *l* I guess it being a first for me i got all excited and told Ruth about it when she met up with me at the hotel itself to keep me company for the next few hours till Darcy gets in. :P

I still ended up at Changi 3 hrs too early so ended up getting an iced lemon tea from McDs and using their Internet terminals to check my email and chat just to pass time. And when McDs closed for the day at around midnite and i still had about 1 hr to kill before Darcy's flight landed, i made a call to my gf in Melbbie and woke her up. :P *heehee* Yakked away till Darcy's flight landed 15mins later than scheduled and it helped to calm my nerves as i would definitely had been a nervous wreck pacing up and down the arrival hall.

Darcy's luggage apparantly didn't like being stuck in the cargo section of the plane for the last 36 hours of his journey because he was among the last ones still standing there waiting for his luggage. *heehee* Of course i stood there just laughing away to myself and finding the whole incident amusing. I blame it all on the nerves, having about 3 iced lemon teas that nite and being on a sugar high from all the sugar. :P *heehee*

It was soooo good to feel him hugging me and just the fact we talked as if we've not been apart for close to 2.5 years was very very comforting and exciting. It felt so right just to be holding his hand and for once in a long time be able look into his eyes as i talk. I always loved his eyes which are in a mixture of blue and green. :)

It was a good first night being together after being apart for so long. I think Darcy loved the presents that greeted him when he got into the room. I had to make him stay outside the room for a while, while i scurried round the room lighting the strawberry scented candles i had placed around the room and bathroom. I had also placed a small fake bouquet of roses and his present (an autographed copy of Terry Pratchett's Maurice and his Amazing Rodents and for laughs a copy of FHM's bikini babes) in the middle of the bed. He loved everything. :)

So yeah that was the first 12 hours or so. :) Leaving out the nottie details and let your imagination do the work... if you want to. :P *heehee*

Will blog about his disappointing to Hooters and the meetup with all my girlfriends in the next entry. :P *heehee*

No comments: