Sunday, February 15, 2004

Recap

Darcy's Birthday



That's the cake i ordered for Darcy and it's good thing i ordered from this lady who does wedding cakes and chocolate turtles. Apparantly, she is known as the 'turtle lady' as her chocolate turtles are divine! Thankfully, Darcy's co-workers loved the cake and so did Darcy. :)

Oh i had the lady write

"Darcy,

Happie Birthday to the cutest 29 year old in town.

Lilone"


*hehe*

Friday the 13th

Well, i've always believed that Friday the 13th is my lucky day. *smile* And yep, i wasn't wrong. I had two interviews this morning, which i considered to be a very very lucky sign. I mean i only knew for sure that my last day in the job i was in two days before. So to get two interviews scheduled on the last day of my job was pretty impressive. BUT to have gotten a respond from one of the companies that had innterviewed me with a job offer that very same day .... wow... i really got lucky. *smile* So, i have a one year contract on the job with some benefits. :) The important ones though, like annual leave and medical leave. Which is good enough for me cos i can use the annual leave for my exams and stuff. :)

Oh, incidentally this company requires that the agency who got me this job do a full background check on me. *L* This is the first time i have to have one done on me but oh well nothing to hide. :) So i start on Tuesday and *grin* for once i'm in an ALL male environment (EYE CANDY!!!) and working for a male boss. *giggles*

Valentine's Day

Guess what, me and my girlfriends were planning on going out for dinner and hang out on Vday evening. Since we're singles, we're going to have a nite out for us singles and make fun of the couples. :P (Ok, so that was mean.... :P) Unfortunately, one of the girls had bronchitis and i was down with the flu. So we had to cancel on that plan. Doesn't matter to me, i spent my time with my guy online playing games as usual. Also, i gave him instructions to go down to the spa where he had a treat waiting for him. :P I had called two weeks before to make an appointment for him for a one hour session of hot rock massage which my bf testified that it was really really good.

Though, my bf told me that when he got to the spa centre the ladies immediately knew who he was. And seemingly, everyone knew about me calling from Singapore and making an appointment for him as a Vday present. *smile* guess they don't get many girls calling from Singapore to Red Deer, Alberta just to make an appointment for their guys. :P

*grin* What can i say, my bf gets a whole lot of pampering from me. :)

Happie Belated Vday, everyone.

Post Vday

Met up with Ruth, Pearl and Mala for dinner at NYDC today. *grin* Had a whole lot of fun just sitting down, talking about whatever and grooving to songs that was a blast from the past and us recalling how old we were when those songs came out. :P *heehee*



No comments: